WAIRARAPA MULTI-SPORTS CLUB
Presents the 15thRuamahanga Experience Tri & Duathlon Sunday 14th September 2014
Long Course Tri:
10 km run
Short course Tri:
5km run Duathlon:
Start time: 10am at Henley Lake, Columbo Road, Masterton Trophies and spot prizes awarded on the day FOOD ON SALE. BRING THE FAMILY, HAVE A PICNIC AND FEED THE DUCKS.
Description of Long Course
12km Paddle (flat water) - Mass start on the water in Henley Lake. 8 laps around the buoys. Runners or Cyclists may tag at waters edge.
40km Cycle (2 laps)- Turn left out of transition area onto Columbo Rd. Turn left into Johnson St, over Wardells Bridge, then turn left into Lees Pakaraka Rd. Left into Stronvar Rd, left into Watsons Rd , left in Te Ore Ore Rd towards Masterton, left into Columbo Rd. Then go around once more.
10km Run (2 laps) - Around the wetlands of Henley Lake on marked lime paths.
THIS IS A DRAFTING AND WASH HANGING LEGAL RACE Rules and Race Information
1. Entry Fee must accompany entry form.
2. Late entries will be accepted on race day subject to payment of a late entry fee.
3. No outside assistance is to be given to any competitor during the race.
4. Individuals must complete all stages of the event.
5. All team changes must take place within the designated transition area.
6. NZTA approved safety helmets are compulsory for cycling stage.
7. Competitors may use any type of surf ski, single kayak or outrigger canoe.
8. All paddlers to wear life jackets or buoyancy vests.
9. The race director retains the final authority on any disqualification or dispute.
10. All roads are open; all participants must follow road rules.
Registrations and late entries:
8.30am at Henley Lake men’s shed (Green shed on the right as you enter the lake area)
9.35am at Men’s shed
10.00am on the water along side lagoon
Short course distances are half that of the long course.